Spot hackers

A little bit information how hacks works and how to detect them
killerboy
Site Admin

Spot hackers

Post by killerboy » 17-09-2010 20:15

Thought I might give some advice to the uninitiated regarding spotting hackers.

The video isn't a good representation of hacking as these where the easy ones to spot, but they give you some evidence that PB does not catch peeps immediately, and it certainly don't catch desktop hacks.

Firstly, just because peeps have high scores does not mean they're hacking. Though it's the best reason in the world to check them out.
I don't care about a hacker that are crap, more fool him for buying it, but I guess we all hate the ones that rack up scores.
Secondly, don't assume they are clean just because their weapon aint flicking left n right, this is an old hack that has long been improved.
An individual has many settings he can now make in the software he buys, like percentage kills, framing (ESP), name tags etc'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgIWd6td8IM

Wall Hacks
Every software bundle has a myriad of wallhacks installed for the user. Some let you see through walls or at the least show you by different ways where a player is.
These are mainly easy to spot if you watch the player in spectate, but you must be in their team to check UAV is not running. I tested this with a member the other day, and sure enough, we caught a guy who ignored several alcoves and only turned at the one where the member was hidden in.
Be real careful when looking for this situation. Many people, including myself, will look round certain corners checking for campers and can be mistaken for ESP.

Framing (ESP).
There are many variations to this hack, but they all have the same effect. Some will have red and blue boxes around the enemy/allies. Some show name enemy tags, weapons and perks they're using. These do not always allow wall penetration but they do allow you to hunt or anticipate movement.

Xray (Third eye, whatever)
This hack removes smoke, mist, flashbangs etc'. Not many stop the effect of being stunned, but they sure as hell can see you real easy.

Speed Hacks
Most players are not aware of this hack. The user can change speeds in his movements by increments or by attack mode. The attack mode enables the user to have an advantage on you by binding any attack with increased speed. The result is better than having the fastest rig set-up in the world. He presses melee for instance, and depending on his setting, he'll knife and repeat knife far quicker than you. You can imagine all the other benefits.

Aimbots
No Spread/Recoil
You can spot no recoil if you watch hard, but "no spread" can probably only be seen via recording. Both these hacks have the effect much like you have juct aimed. Your sights do not spread when you fire but I aint sure if you can see the sights spread or not (I'll look into that).

Standard Aimbot
The most well known part of hacking, but are much less dectectable these days. You can set the angle for which the auto detect works, for instance 10 degs. Nob heads will set this to say 180 which a spectator will spot immediately. Clever guys will set to very low and scan manually till the auto kicks in (You'll hardly notice the flick).
Hit percentages can also be set so that you don't kill everyone with first shot. For instance, clever users set this to hit only the body and not the head. Hell they can even mix body and headshots so's not to arouse suspicion. Aimbots are not always easy to detect these days, but if you watch someone long enough, or record a map (Not big file) and view later, you will get to confirm one way or another.

Vector bots
These are hard to explain but funny if you catch someone using this. Firstly the result is that the player shakes around and not the gun, kinda. The reason is that this hack predicts how the bullets are going to come out of your weapon. Always different for all the weapons of course. So if you're watching through the players eyes you won't see anything wrong. Watch from 3rd person and you will see the player shake when he shoots. It's a reverse aimbot.

Whitewalls
Easy and an old MOHAA one. All buildings, walls, oil drums, everything is white except the players. You can shoot anything that moves because they are black, so no hacker uses this on friendly fire lol. Oh! And they shoot at falling leaves a lot in COD5.

Record hacker
If you suspect someone of hacking here's what to do:

DON'T scream for an admin unless it's very obvious.
Record a demo of the suspect for a full map. The file is not very big so don't worry about space.
Send the file to your admin or view yourself with COD4/5 player.

How to Record Demo's
First you need to set up just two keybinds, one to record, and one to stop. I've used letters u and i for this. You can use any FREE keys, but don't use your keypad.
You must do this for both COD4 and COD5.

Open consul whilst in game (This key ¬ below Esc key).
Then type /bind u record and press enter.
Then type /bind i stoprecord and press enter.
Close consul and you can now test while in game. Press u and recording will start and can be seen bottom left of your screen. Press i and it will stop.
You will need to download the COD4 and COD5 players if you want to watch the demo's yourself. You can get them
HERE : http://www.cybopat.net/ (Don't worry about the language, it's in English when you open it).
You'll find your demo files stored in the normal game folder ie, COD4 demo folder.

Finally
Stay calm if you think you see a hacker. Save their guid in rcon before doing anything, then you can ban them later even if they have left.
Some hackers can tell if you are spectating them, so from spectate choose their side but then go to spec. This shows you as on their team but you're actually in spec. Also if you are in 3rd person, change to their eyes by pressing enter. You can then see exactly what they see. And if you press ESC, just once, you will see if they have UAV. Press ESC again to carry on watching.

Hope this helps some of you

Alfaholics
Site Admin

Post by Alfaholics » 18-09-2010 10:09

thanks, this will be very helpful mate, I didn't know many of the hacks
Grt. Alfaholics

Snipe the God

Post by Snipe the God » 25-01-2011 03:27

I know I'm not an AWC member, but there's one more hack you should know about. It's the god mode
hack. It makes the user invincible to any kind of weapon. If you spec them, it's easy to notice the hack. They often venture into enemy area and kill the enemies there. Also the users have no deaths
iSnipe

killerboy
Site Admin

Post by killerboy » 25-01-2011 08:07

Thx for this info mate :)

Snipe the God

Post by Snipe the God » 27-01-2011 02:22

where can i find the movies and screenshots i did in cod4?
iSnipe

WINEK
rang 1

Post by WINEK » 27-01-2011 17:52

on cod/main/

at this folder u can find what u need

Snipe the God

Post by Snipe the God » 27-01-2011 18:20

Thanks Winek
iSnipe

Arcane

Post by Arcane » 07-02-2012 16:47

i got a question:
i have played alot in consol on servers without punkbuster to se for anything that could help easyer my gaming there i found 2 things you should know
1. there is a command there that alowes you to se through smoke like nothing
2. there is another comand that does so you se enemie names through walls

does these count as hacks :?:

(dont use em anymore but you never know if i make a mistake by acusing them for hack if it aint)

killerboy
Site Admin

Post by killerboy » 11-02-2012 11:10

[quote="Arcane"]i got a question:
i have played alot in consol on servers without punkbuster to se for anything that could help easyer my gaming there i found 2 things you should know
1. there is a command there that alowes you to se through smoke like nothing
2. there is another comand that does so you se enemie names through walls

does these count as hacks :?:

(dont use em anymore but you never know if i make a mistake by acusing them for hack if it aint)[/quote]

Yes mate this is an hack and will not be allowed on our servers.
If we do see you using it you will get temp/perm banned.

Greetzzz johan